At the end of the European project “Youth Voices Matter – YMOVE”, are now available the analyses and recommendations carried out by the participants in the project on the topics of youth unemployment, education and training, climate change.
The project Youth Voices Matter – “Y-MOVE” is a transnational initiative for young people from three different countries: Greece, Italy, and Spain. The main aim of the project is to empower youth’s active participationin the policy-making process. The main objectives of the project are:
– to raise awareness and to strengthen activecitizenship attitudes;
– to reinforce youth participation and engagement insocial, civic, and political life;
– to increase active and informed participation in thedemocratic decision-making process;
– and to improve the interpersonal competencies ofyoung people.
The method followed in this project is the structured dialogue and a participatory approach, to develop a connection and a dialogue between youth and policymakers. This booklet is the result of the simulation of the policy creation process in the format of round-table discussions. Inputs were previously given to the participants through the presentations of relevant topics by experts and through non-formal education learninga ctivities.
The project was a joint effort of EKO Greece – Entrepreneurship and Social Economy Group (Greece), the Italian Institute for the Future (Italy), and LAS NIÑAS DEL TUL (Spain). Each of the three countries was represented by a team of 13 young participants (18-30 years old) and two decision-makers/experts in the field of main project topics. The two decision-makers/experts were the facilitators during the round-tables session.
The final document presents a summary of the analysis conducted by the participants and the recommendations proposed, including:
For the issue of youth unemployement:
– Stricter & more regular public inspections
– New legal figure of Advisor/Tutor foryoung employees
– Resize classrooms
– Dual examination
– Longer high quality paid internshipsfor all
For the issues of education and training:
– Taking the model of dual education
– Creation of education curricula in cooperation with the private sector
– Soft Skills in Academic Curricula
– Facilitate the connection between what teachings and labor market
– Mandatory pedagogical training
– European Teaching Evaluation System
– Teacher Training Bonus
For the issues of climate changes:
– Increase accessibility to smart multimodal mobility
– Encourage individual virtuous choices in urban and extra-urban mobility
– Invest in educational programs about smart mobility